Saturday, February 03, 2007

McAdam Has Class

Well if I am going to blog and complain about unsportsmanlike conduct of certain teams, it is only fitting that when a team shows amazing sportsmanship I should blog about that too. On Thursday this past week our team , now 3-5 on the season, traveled to McAdam to play what we heard was the best team in the league. Previously after our win over Nackawic, a parent told me that there were three players on McAdam's team who were taller than I am. He also tole me that these players were in grade seven!

We arrived in McAdam to find the rumours were true. As we began our warm up the McAdam Warriors ran out to pumped up music and ran some impressive warm up drills. A large percentage of the town had shown up to support their team and I was pondering on the pounding we should soon encounter when the coach of the other team came over to introduce himself to me. We chatted about our teams and the kinds of seasons we were having and he seemed like a really nice guy.

Well the game began and McAdam jumped out to an early lead but pulled back after only leading by ten or so. They pulled their top line off and took most of their shots from outside. They applied zero pressure and their players even helped our our players with things like three in the key. My players raved about what nice guys were on the other team. They could have easily destroyed us but instead of running up the score they worked on weaker aspects of their game and helped our players out. I was really impressed.

McAdam has class.

No comments: